Want to know expert advice on “How to factory reset HP laptop”, then this blog is the answer to feed your questions.
Are you planning to sell HP laptop? Or facing technical issues? In such case, learn “how to factory reset your HP laptop”, this will make your laptop brand new. Here in this blog, we are going to talk about factory reset in HP laptops from start to end.
Remember, you don’t need to do it often, but it is a good idea to perform when you are selling it or giving it away. And the reason behind this recommendation is, that a factory reset will set your laptop in a previous state when you take it out of the box for the first time.
Nowadays, if you don’t know how to factory reset an HP laptop, or don’t choose to do it, you can simply reset the laptop using the standard reset procedure in Windows 10.
You can do this factory reset in two different ways:-
You can factory reset your HP laptop using Windows settings to revert the laptop.
Before doing it you can also choose whether you want to reset to wipe out all personal files or only to reset Windows itself.
If you are unable to boost your HP laptop, you can use safe mode to reset it through Windows Recovery.
How to factory reset an HP laptop using Windows Settings?
This is the easiest way to factory reset your HP laptop by using the Settings app in Windows. Though, to make this way work your laptop must be able to boost and run normally. But if your laptop is not working well enough or is slow to use Settings, you can jump to the next step.
- Plug in the charger of your laptop, so that during the reset process the laptop doesn’t run out of power.
- Now, click the Start button and click “Settings”.
- In the Settings search box, type “reset this PC” and then select the option from the results on the screen.
- In the Reset this PC section at the top of the page, you will see the “Get started” option, click on it.
- “Choose an option” will prompt, here you need to click “Keep my files” or “Remove everything” depending on which you prefer. If you are giving away your laptop, then select to remove everything.
- Continue to answer questions about how to reset your laptop. You might be given a choice of whether to download Windows from the cloud or simply install it locally. The cloud download requires up to 4 GB of storage space in your laptop, and it is also more up-to-date.
- Click Reset, and when the ‘Ready to reset this PC’ screen will appear on your computer screen.
- You have done your work, now sit back and relax the process will take some time.
How to factory reset an HP laptop using Windows Recovery?
If your HP laptop has fallen into some serious technical issue and not starting properly or you can’t get to the Settings app, don’t worry there is still a way to reset your computer. Most of the time you will be able to reset your laptop through Windows Recovery mode which is accessible through Windows Safe Mode.
Follow the below steps when you want to learn how to factory reset your HP laptop:-
- Make sure your computer is turned off.
- If you are using a printer or any external devices, you need to disconnect those devices even the printer as well. However, ensure that your laptop is plugged into AC power.
- Now turn on the laptop, and immediately press the F11 key on your keyboard continuously until System Recovery starts.
- On the Choose an option screen, select “Troubleshoot”.
- Click “Reset this PC”.
- Here you will see two options, depending on your choice, either you want to keep the laptop or want to give it away, choose “Keep my files” or “Remove everything” respectively.
- Now you need to give your recovery key ID. Enter the key, or if your laptop is not working properly then you might have to use another system to get the recovery key ID.
- Click “Reset” to start the factory reset process.
It will take a little time, so sit back and relax and let the computer do it process.
If you want the factory reset of your HP laptop to work smoothly either for troubleshooting a serious issue or to make it new (delete your data), your laptop’s drivers should be up to date. And the good news is that by default, Windows automatically updates the drivers in most cases. But if not then you have to manually do it. You can update the HP computer drivers through Device Manager >> choose devices >> right-click and select to update the drivers.