Are you a user of the HP Printer? No doubt, HP is a renowned name in the technology world, and it provides one of the best printers. Though a printer is merely a machine and it can fail to perform at any time due to any error. Hence, if you are facing an HP printer not responding issue, then there should be some reason behind it. Maybe it is happening due to outdated drivers when you don’t use a printer for a long time. There are also some other reasons why your HP printer is not taking printing commands.
Before jumping to the solutions first, you need to know and identify the causes behind this issue.
Causes of HP Printer Is Not Responding Error
- Outdated printer driver
- Printer is paused
- Paper jam issue
- The printer is not connected to the network
- Low ink cartridge
Above is a few possible reasons that could cause printer not responding error in HP printers. However, to resolve this daunting task we have expert solutions as well. Appropriately follow the given guidance below to rectify the printing issue in just seconds.
Solutions For HP Printer Not Responding Issue
Solution 1: Update the Printer Driver
- Go to the Windows search box and type Device Manager.
- Open the Device Manager and expand the selection where it says ‘Printers’.
- Now in this section search your printer’s model number and right-click.
- Select the Update Driver option.
- Next press on the ‘search automatically’ option and wait until your printer completes the updating process.
- Once the process is done, restart your computer.
To reinstall the HP printer drivers, first, you need to uninstall the drivers and then go to the official website of the HP printer. There you will get the option to download the updated HP printer driver for free. After downloading, follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation.
Solution 2: Reset Printer Spooler Service
If your Printer Spooler service is stopped, then your printer won’t be able to take the printing command.
- First of all, open the Run box by pressing the Windows key and R key on your keyboard simultaneously.
- Now type “Service.msc” and click OK.
- From the listed items below search Printer Spooler.
- Right-click on it and choose Stop.
- Click on the address bar from the ‘Windows File Explorer and then type, C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Printer and click OK.
- Clear the printing queue by deleting all the files.
- Now again go to Printer Spooler and right-click. Select Start.
- Restart your computer.
Solution 3: The printer Is In Paused Mode
If your printer is set in paused mode, then again your printer won’t take printing commands from the computer. To make the printer work again, follow the below steps.
- Press the Windows key and R key simultaneously to open the Run box.
- Now type Control Panel and press OK.
- Select Drives and Printers.
- In the Devices and Printers window, you will see your HP printer.
- If your printer is paused it will show under the HP printer icon on the screen.
- Now, right-click and unselect the pause option.
Your HP printer is not paused anymore, now you can restart your printing.
Solution 4: Check the Network Connection
HP printers are smart printers, but sometimes due to a broken or unstable network they stop printing and you face an HP printer not responding issue. Hence, to resolve this you can perform below steps-
If you are using a wired connection:
- Check if the cable is not broken, if it is then change it.
- Ensure that the USB cable is connected properly to the printer and computer. If not, then remove it and reinsert it into the port.
- If one USB port is not working then try another port.
- Connect your printer directly to your computer without using a hub.
If you are using a wireless connection printer:
- Check your network connection of Wi-Fi or router.
- Check the connection status of your printer and ensure it is properly connected.
- You can restart your HP printer and system.
- Make sure that both machines are connected to the same network.
Solution 6: Change the ink cartridge
Leaking or empty ink cartridge bottles can also cause this error. Hence, it becomes very important
- Press the Windows key and click Settings.
- Choose Bluetooth & devices on the left pane. Then click on Printer & Scanners.
- Select your HP printer and right-click on it.
- Now select Printing Preferences.
- In the Maintenance tab, click on HP Status Monitor 3.
This information will help you in knowing whether you should change your ink cartridge or not. Or, simply you can open your ink cartridge box and check this by seeing it physically. If you encounter any clogged ink nozzle then unclog it with the help of a pin.
Solution 7: Jam Paper
To remove the jammed paper without anyone’s help, follow the below step-by-step guide.
- To remove the jammed paper, first of all, switch off your printer and remove the main plug.
- Now open the printer head and remove the printing rollers in the direction mentioned on it.
- Next, slowly pull out the paper from it.
- Place the roller back in the right direction and close the printer head.
- If needed, put some more printing papers.
This will resolve your paper jam issue and now you can restart your printing work.
Expert Assistance for HP Printer Is Not Printing Issue
Still, stuck with the same issue? Well, you can take help from HP printer experts. They are professionals, not technical norms and language. They can vanish the errors from the root and can give your printer a new life just like doctors. HP printer support experts are well-educated and experienced in handling such issues, and you can rely on them. So, if your HP printer not responding issue is not resolved yet, then without any more delays take help from them.