Are you a regular user of HP Support Assistant? If yes, then in such a case you might be finding it a daunting task to use your HP computer without an HP support assistant. Most of the time it has been seen that customers generally face this issue when they update their windows. However, if this is the problem then there is nothing to worry about because you can fix this with very simple steps. There are many other reasons as well as this problem. Hence, you need to understand it in a much better way thereafter only you can troubleshoot it. But you don’t need to worry about the technical knowledge, you can easily follow our experts’ guidance and resolve this HP Support Assistant not working issue. Here we have listed fixes for you, keep reading.
Reasons for HP Support Assistant Not Working
HP Support Assistant comes pre-installed on HP computers to get the update notification and other things. Before moving to its fixes, we should see some of the most common reasons.
- Corrupted Files- If you have corrupted system files, you may need to install the new assistant files.
- Driver Problem- If you have updated the drivers, sometimes it affects the Windows assistant.
- Anti-virus- There is a possibility that your anti-virus is creating the problem and not allowing your HP Support Assistant to work.
Hence, to fix this issue you should use our fixes to solve problem.
How to Fix HP Support Assistant When Not Working?
If you are facing HP Support Assistant not working, follow our below fixes to resolve this issue.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Assistant
- Click the Start menu on the desktop.
- Type Control Panel in the search box.
- In the Control Panel window select Uninstall a program.
- Choose HP Support Assistant and select the Uninstall option.
- Now download the HP Support Assistant
- Open the downloaded file and run it.
- Click Yes when asked to install the Assistant.
- Proceed with the installation by following the on-screen steps.
- Reboot the computer when prompted.
- Now restart the computer and check if the Assistant starts working now.
Uninstall Or Disable The Antivirus
- Click on the remote access arrow in the Taskbar.
- Click on your antivirus icon and Disable it for 10 minutes.
- Now try reactivating your HP Support Assistant.
- If this works, then it means your antivirus is causing an HP Support Assistant not working error.
Update Your Drivers
- Go to your desktop and right-click on Start.
- Now select Device Manager.
- Look for the drivers with the tiny yellow badge. These are the outdated ones.
- Expand the category and right-click on the driver, now choose the Update driver option.
- When asked to choose “How do you want to search for a driver” click on Search automatically for updated driver software.
Many times it happens that old or incompatible drivers give birth to Windows errors and bugs. The lack of updated drivers can cause HP Support Assistant not working. Hence, to avoid such a situation you can use an automatic tool that will find such bugs or issues and also download and install the right drivers for you on time.
Resolve HP Support Assistant Is Not Working Error With Experts
Usually, HP Support Assistant starts working after the above troubleshooting fixes. However, if you are still unable to use the assistant you can always take help from experts. HP support assistants are happy to help you and assist you in resolving your issues.