Is your Xerox printer not printing? Well, this issue can occur due to any reason. And if you don’t know the cause of it you may end up trying multiple solutions and still, the issue is not resolved. So to make your Xerox printer print once again, first you need to know about the possible reasons behind it.
Causes of Xerox Printer Not Printing from PC-
- The printer is offline.
- The printer is not set as the default printer.
- Pause printing.
- Faulty printer drivers.
- Paper Jam issue.
- Empty ink cartridge.
Now you know the common reasons that could be responsible for creating printers not printing errors. Hence, we should quickly move to the solutions so that you will be able to rectify the problem as soon as possible.
Easy Solutions for Xerox Printer Not Printing Issue
Here we have mentioned effective troubleshooting methods that will help you in eliminating this daunting printer error. Keep reading:
Solution 1: The printer is Offline-
If your printer is not printing first check if your printer is online or not. When the printer goes into offline mode it stops taking commands and due to this, your printer stops printing. Check if the printer is online. On most printers, you will find a light indicating its online signs. Normally, when the printer is online that light blinks, but if it is not then the light won’t be steady or even not blinking at all.
In such a case first, check the network connection of your printer. Make sure it is properly connected to the network. If you are using a wired connection then make sure that wire is properly connected to your computer as well as the printer. And the printer should be connected to the router and modem.
If your printer utilizes a wireless connection then disconnect it and re-connect to eliminate all issues. To make your printer online once again, turn off the printer and then turn it again to see if the printer test page is normal.
Solution 2: Check If The Printer Is Set As the Default Printer
If your printer is not set as the default printer then it will be difficult for your printer to take printer commands. Follow the below step and set your printer as the default printer.
- Open the Run box by pressing the Windows key and R simultaneously.
- Now type Control and click OK.
- Select Devices and Printers.
- Choose the printer and right-click.
- Now in the drop-down menu choose the option “Set as default printer”.
To check the printing state of your printer, open Notebook and type anything and then print that page. If this test print passes then it means your printer is now working.
Solution 3: Remove the Printer from Pause Printing
If your Xerox printer is set on pause printing then again you won’t be able to get prints. After giving commands multiple times your printer won’t resume printing, you have to uncheck the pause printing option. Follow the below step:
- Right-click on Start. Choose Settings.
- Choose Devices.
- Now select Printers & Scanners.
- Locate your Xerox printer and select it.
- Now, right-click and see in the drop-down menu if there is a checkmark on the “Pause Printing”.
- Unselect the option.
- To check if this has worked for you, run a test print.
Solution 4: Update Your Printer Drivers
Outdated printer drivers cause printing errors. Hence it is important that you should keep updating the drivers for the smooth working of your printer. Follow the below steps to resolve this issue.
- On your Desktop, right-click on the Start menu and choose Device Manager.
- Locate your printer and right-click.
- In the drop-down menu select the Update driver option.
- Now select the ‘Search automatically for drivers’ option.
- Wait for the process to complete and then reboot your computer.
Solution 5: Paper Jam Issue
The paper jam issue might seem small but it can cause you a “printer not printing” error in just one second. This is also not good for the physical health of your printer. Paper jams and pulling out the paper forcefully can harm the printer head. Follow bellow steps to resolve the issue:
- To remove the jammed paper, first of all, switch off your printer and remove the main plug.
- Now open the printer head and remove the printing rollers in the direction mentioned on it.
- Next, slowly pull out the paper from it.
- Place the roller back in the right direction and close the printer head.
- If needed, put some more printing papers.
Solution 6: Empty the Ink Cartridge
When using a Xerox printer for a long time, or you use the printer very often there is a high chance that maybe an empty ink cartridge is an issue for the Xerox printer not printing black error. Perhaps, through the below mentioned step you resolve this printing issue.
- Press the Windows key and click Settings.
- Choose Bluetooth & devices on the left pane. Then click on Printer & Scanners.
- Select your Epson printer and right-click on it. Choose Printing Preferences.
- In the Maintenance tab, click on Epson Status Monitor 3.
This will tell you whether you need to replace the ink cartridge with the new one or not. Remember to always place all cartridges correctly. Black ink cartridges get clogged easily, so to de-clog it you can use a pin.
Hopefully, these above-mentioned solutions help you in resolving the Xerox printer not printing issue. But if not you can always reach out to an expert who can help you and assist you in eliminating this daunting issue. You can take help from a printer support expert to bring your printer back to life.